By submitting an entry into the “Asian Geographic Images of Asia Competition (IOA)”, and thereby entering to have your entry(s) be selected, and awarding of Asian Geographic related prizes, contestants acknowledge that they have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions.
1. The Images of Asia Competition (IOA) is open to entrants of all skill levels. Employees of Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd (including field editors, contest judges and employees of its subsidiaries, partners and affiliates), their immediate family members (parents, spouse, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
2. Winners of the Images of Asia Competition (IOA) will be displayed at the final judging location. The results will be published in Asian Geographic Magazines as well as on asiangeo.com.
3. Photographers retain all copyrights to their images. Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd and all titles under its name retain the right to publish the contest entries to congratulate the winners and to promote future events and will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use in any media now or hereafter known, without restriction, including commercially using it to the fullest extent possible.
4. By entering the Images of Asia Competition (IOA), entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
5. Marine and wild life should never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo/video. Entries suspected of exhibiting the following behavior will be disqualified:
a. Photographers visibly damaging the environment
b. Animals with signs of stress
c. Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location
d. Animals being fed
e. Marine life being touched
6. Images/videos/art works that have won or placed in photo contests announced before 1 August 2017 may not be submitted. A winning image/video/art work is defined as any image/video/piece of art that has placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any contest that has resulted in prizes worth USD100 or more.
7. Images that have been published before and videos that have been produced for broadcast television may not be submitted.
8. Photoshop manipulation is LIMITED TO:
a. Tonal corrections and colour corrections (no dodging/burning allowed)
b. Moderate sharpening and saturation (but blurring of backgrounds is not allowed)
c. Removing or repairing dirt and lint from scanned negatives; or noise and faulty pixel and damage from digital images
d. Cropping, but only 10% of the original image. (Contestants will be bound by the honour system.) Submissions which have obviously been heavily cropped will be disqualified
9. Entries may have been taken from any camera: film (as scanned slides) or digital.
10. Model release is the responsibility of the copyright holder.
11. Staff and judges are not responsible for loss or any damage to photo/video submissions.
12. Video stills cannot be submitted as photo entries.
13. Judges’ decision will be final.
15. Original raw images might be required for verification
14. By participating in the Images of Asia Competition (IOA), you accept the contest rules.
Competition Submission End Date: 1st August 2017 11:59PM (GMT +8)