Celebrating Asian Geographic 20 years of bringing Asia to the world, it is the time of the year again. With over 9,000 entries from over 100 countries, the Images of Asia Photography Competition Competition has been enjoyed by readers, photography legends and enthusiasts of Asian Geographic magazine for the past 15 years with a singular perspective to celebrate the vitality and diversity of Asia through photography.
Calling for photography and/or videography entries to Images of Asia – Asia Without Borders, bringing the “Best 20 Moments of Asia” Photo/Videography Competition 2019!
Making its inaugural prelude into Images of Asia, we are opening up to video submissions! If your photo/videography genre fits into street/people, landscape, wildlife, photojournalism; your medium is on DSLR or mobile and if you are a seasoned photographers or an aspiring youth, submit your best photos and/or videos of the following 20 countries in the Asia region.
Stay tuned for more updates on the prizes here! Interested partners, please do not hesitate to connect with us at email@example.com
- [OVERALL]Most Voted ‘BEST MOMENT OF ASIA’ Open Photo/Videographer of the Year Prize- 20 years worth of Free PRINT Subscription of Asian Geographic magazines
- [BY CATEGORY]Most Voted ‘TOP 20 MOMENTS OF ASIA’ Photo/Videographer of the Year Prize
– 20 years worth of Free DIGITAL Subscription of Asian Geographic magazines
‘Best 20 MOMENTS OF ASIA’ SUBJECT CATEGORY:
- WEST ASIA
India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan
- CENTRAL ASIA
Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Qatar
- EAST ASIA
Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan/Hong Kong
- SOUTH-EAST ASIA
Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Myanmar, Brunei, Singapore, Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia
- Bringing Asia to the World – Celebrate the Vitality and Diversity of Asia in Moments
OPEN PHOTOGRAPHY GENRE:
- Street Photo/Videography
- People Photo/Videography
- Landscape Photo/Videography
- Wildlife Photo/Videography
- Black+White Photo/Videography
- Documentary Photo/Videography
- [NEW] Photojournalism Photo/Videography
- [NEW] Food Photo/Videography
- Photography – Mirrorless Camera/DSLR
- Photography – Mobile (iPhone/Android)
- [NEW] Videography – Mirrorless Camera/DSLR/Camcorder/GoPro*
- [NEW] Videography – Mobile (iPhone/Android)*
* Video submissions must fulfill at least 60 seconds.
- PHASE ONE:After Monday, 09.09.19, 23:59pm (GMT+8), submissions will be reviewed, shortlisted and the top 20 moments for each the 20 subject categories will be open for public voting through Asian Geographic website. Voting channels are from Asian Geographic October issue, Asian Geographic Facebook page and Asian Geographic Instagram page.
- The voting for the respective 20 entries of the ‘Top 20 Moments of Asia’ (Country/Region) Photo/Videography of the Year will close on Thursday, 31.10.19, 23:59pm (GMT+8).
- FINAL PHASE:The 20 entries of the ‘Top 20 Country/Region Moment’ will be on display at the Asian Geographic 20th Anniversary event venue on November 2019 where the invited guests are open to vote for the ‘BEST MOMENT OF ASIA’ Photo/Videography of the Year.
1. Read the contest rules carefully
2. Submit the online entry form (scroll down)
3. Pay your entry fee via the secure PayPal
4. Receive a confirmation email with your submission details
Submissions close on Monday, September 9, 2019 at 23:59PM (GMT+8)
- Subscribers to our printed version of ASIAN Geographic may submit up to five photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- E-Magazine subscribers may submit up to three photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- Non-subscribers will be charged a submission fee of US$10 per photo. If a non-subscriber submits three photos (US$30) and more, they will automatically receive a one year e-Magazine subscription free of charge (worth US$16.99).
- Colour Mode: RGB
- File Format: JPG (we do not process RAW files)
- JPG Compression: High Quality (low compression)
- Dimensions: 14″/35cm (at 300 dpi) or 4100px in the longest dimension (regardless of whether it is a portrait or landscape image)
- Colour Mode: RGB
- File Format: MOV, MP4
- File Size: Submission through this portal is no larger than 500MB. Any entries larger than 500MB, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration: No longer than 60 seconds in length
Name each jpg file according to the following template:
Subject Category_Genre_Medium_Participant Name_Title_Location.jpg/mp4
Example: ID_PA_VHM_JohnDoe_Mother and Child_Mumbai.mp4
SP = Street Photo/Videography
ST = People Photo/Videography
AL = Landscape Photo/Videography
WL = Wildlife Photo/Videography
BW = Black+White Photo/Videography
DC = Documentary Photo/Videography
PJ = Photojournalism Photo/Videography
FD = Food Photo/Videography
PHC = Mirrorless Camera/DSLR
PHM = Mobile (iPhone/Android)
VHC = Mirrorless Camera/DSLR/Camcorder/GoPro
VHM = Mobile (iPhone/Android)