Images of Asia Monthly Competition strives to constantly push and expose beautiful snapshots of Asia. It is a lead-up to the annual Images of Asia Competition with the live-judging session which will be happening in two phases:
- Asian Geographic Outdoor & Water Sports Bazaar 2021
October 8–10, 2021
- ADEX Asia Dive Expo Ocean Vision 2022
April 22–24, 2022
Images of Asia (IOA) Monthly
Rules & Regulations
Rewards for Winners
- Exclusive Spotlight: Photographer Feature interview in the winning month on AG website and social media.
- Free one-year subscription to Asian Geographic e-magazine
- Winning Photos will enter IOA 2021/2 Annual Competition automatically
- 3 free entries for IOA 2021 Annual Competition (One entry fee is worth USD $10)
Reward for Finalists
- Finalist Photos will enter IOA 2022/1 Annual Competition automatically
- Only photographs taken within Asia as outlined in the United Nations geoscheme for Asia will be eligible for the contest.
- Photos submitted must not be winning entries of any other competition in the past 6 months.
- Digital manipulation of photographs other than cropping is disallowed.
- Asian Geographic Magazines reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not adhere to the stipulated rules and guidelines or are obscene, vulgar, profane, libellous, false and pornographic in nature.
- Entrants should be the sole producer and owner of the photographs submitted.
Additional Rules for Youth Category:
- You should be 21 years of age and below on the day of submission. You are still eligible if your birthday falls on the day of submission itself.
- Written consent should accompany entries of participants who are below 16 years of age.
Additional Rules for Short Films Category:
- A feature film is defined as a work of fiction or non-fiction that equals or exceeds 60 minutes in length including opening and end credits.
- A short film is defined as a work of fiction or non-fiction that is 30 minutes or less in length including opening and end credits.
- Southeast Asia is defined as Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Brunei, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Asia is defined as Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Armenia, Artsakh, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Cyrups, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, South Ossetia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen.
- The entrant is responsible for all necessary copyright clearances for material used in their submitted works, and shall fully indemnify the Festival from any damage resulting from copyright infringement lawsuits from other parties.