- Free one year subscription of Asian Geographic e-magazine
- 5 free entries for Images of Asia 2019
- A copy of Asian Geographic’s collector’s edition photo magazine, Colours of Asia, worth $50
- Only photographs taken within Asia as outlined in the United Nations geoscheme for Asia will be eligible for contest.
- Photos submitted must not be winning entries of any other competition in the past 6 months.
- Photographs submitted have to be taken within 6 months from the date of your submission.
- Digital manipulation of photographs other than cropping is disallowed.
- Asian Geographic Magazines reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not adhere to the stipulated rules and guidelines or are obscene, vulgar, profane, libellous, false and pornographic in nature.
- Entrants should be the sole producer and owner of the photographs submitted.
Additional Rules for Youth Category:
- You should be 21 years of age and below on the day of submission. You are still eligible if your birthday falls on the day of submission itself.
- A written consent should accompany entries of participants who are below 16 years of age.
- Contest begins on 1st December 2018 (12:00).
- Submission of entries close on the 1st of every month (23:59).
- Winners will be announced in the first week of the following month
Submit your entries now to email@example.com
Asia is home to vastly diverse landscapes. We want to see your interpretation of them whether natural or man-made.
They walk, crawl, swim, fly or not move at all. Capture plants or animals on land or in water. Wide-angle or macro doesn’t matter as long as your shot inspires appreciation for the beauty of life forms that share the planet with us.
- Street/ People
Anything under the sun in Asia: the mundane, the unusual, or the unexpected.
Photos of Asia taken on any mobile phone qualifies. No filters or other digital enhancements are allowed other than cropping.
This category is for the younger ones who would like to try their hand at the landscape, wildlife, street/ people, mobile categories.
- Photojournalism (new)
Entrants should submit at least 3 but not more than 10 photos on the theme of “Our Natural Environment and Sustainability” together with a story of between 500-1500 words.
- No entry fee is applicable for the monthly photo competitions.
- You can submit entries regardless of your nationality and place of residence.
- Entrants should adhere to category briefs.
- The size of submitted photos should be larger than 1MB and smaller than 5MB.
- There is no limit on the number of photos you can submit.
- Entrants retain ownership of their photographs.
- Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title your email “Month IOA Photo of the Month_Category” (December IOA Photo of the Month_Landscape) and include your name in your photo name.
- You are encouraged to include captions with your entries.
Submissions should include the following information:
- Nationality and place of residence
- Location photo is taken
- Date photo is taken
- Category entered (Include word count for your story if you are entering the photojournalism category)