Celebrating over 20 years of bringing Asia to the world, the Images of Asia (IOA) Competition by Asian Geographic has been enjoyed by readers, photography legends and enthusiasts for the past 16 years with a singular focus the vitality and diversity of Asia through imaging.
Calling for entries: If your photo/videography genre fits into street/people, landscape, wildlife, photojournalism; your medium is on DSLR or mobile, and whether you are a professional or an aspirer, submit your best photos and/or videos of Asia now!
Stay tuned for more updates on the prizes here!
Interested partners, please do not hesitate to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bringing Asia to the World – Celebrate the Vitality and Diversity of Asia
- Street/People Photo/Videography
Anything under the sun in Asia: the mundane, the unusual, or the unexpected.
- Landscape Photo/Videography
Asia is home to vastly diverse landscapes. We want to see your interpretation of them whether natural or man-made.
- Wildlife Photo/Videography
They walk, crawl, swim, fly or not move at all. Capture plants or animals on land or in water. Wide-angle or macro doesn’t matter as long as your shot inspires appreciation for the beauty of life forms that share the planet with us.
- Black+White Photo/Videography
Black and white, greyscale pieces.
- Youth Photo/Videography
This arena welcomes participants who are below 21 years old to submit works interpreting Asia in all categories mentioned.
- Photojournalism Photo/Videography
Entrants should submit at least 3 but not more than 10 photos that focuses on impactful storytelling together with a writeup of between 500-1500 words.
- Food Photo/Videography
Showcase the aesthetic and sensual side of food, be it their colours, patterns, the concept or context of the food that spurn the dynamic life in Asia.
- Photography – Mirrorless Camera/DSLR
- Photography – Mobile (iPhone/Android)
- [NEW] Videography – Mirrorless Camera/DSLR/Camcorder/GoPro*
- [NEW] Videography – Mobile (iPhone/Android)*
* Video submissions must fulfill at least 60 seconds.
- PHASE ONE: After Wednesday, 09.09.20, 23:59pm (GMT+8), submissions will be reviewed, shortlisted, and the top 3 for each of the 7 categories (total Top 21) will be open for public voting through Asian Geographic website. Voting channels will also be announced on Asian Geographic Asian Geographic Facebook page and Asian Geographic Instagram page.
- The voting for the respective 7 categories will close on Sunday, 20.09.20, 23:59pm (GMT+8).
- FINAL PHASE: The Top 21 entries will enter a final round of Live Judging session in the fourth quarter of 2020 for a winner to be crowned from each category.
1. Read the contest rules carefully
2. Submit the online entry form (scroll down)
3. Pay your entry fee via the secure PayPal
4. Receive a confirmation email with your submission details