With over 9,000 entries from over 100 countries for a single competition year, the Images of Asia Photography Competition has been enjoyed by readers of ASIAN Geographic magazine for the past 14 years. In the past, guests have included legendary photographers Michael Yamashita, Michael Freeman and Steve McCurry. Photography legends and enthusiasts have gathered to celebrate the vitality and diversity of Asia in pictures. One of the highlights of the competition is the much-anticipated ‘live’ judging panel consisting of key industry leaders and photography professionals. We offer prizes in the following categories:
(1) PEOPLE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2018
This category takes in portraits of people in Asia, reflecting one of the region’s greatest offerings: the diversity of its cultures.
(2) WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2018
This category celebrates the unique wildlife of Asia, on land and underwater. From minuscule insect species to rare large mammals, we want to see the best of the region’s fauna
(3) STREET PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2018
This year, we are particularly interested in receiving works of street photography – images that capture fleeting moments of people going about their daily lives.
(4) BLACK+WHITE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2018
This category pays homage to photography’s first and most iconic manifestation – the classic contrast between light and dark and the timeless quality of monochrome photos.
(5) ARCHITECTURE / LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2018
From the most iconic man-made structural designs to nature’s vistas, this category welcomes the best of Asia’s landscapes and cityscapes
(6) YOUTH PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2018
No matter where you’re from in the world, you are eligible to enter in this category if:
• You are below 21 on the date of submission (proof of age is mandatory with submissions)
• Photos are of Asia (see UN Geoscheme of Asia region)
Please read carefully to avoid jeopardizing your chances of winning. Good luck!
Submissions close before 30th of November, 2018 at 00:00 (GMT+8)
- Subscribers to our printed version of ASIAN Geographic may submit up to five photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- E-Magazine subscribers may submit up to three photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- Non-subscribers will be charged a submission fee of US$10 per photo. If a non-subscriber submits three photos (US$30) and more, they will automatically receive a one year e-Magazine subscription free of charge (worth US$16.99).
- Colour Mode: RGB
- File Format: JPG (we do not process RAW files)
- JPG Compression: High Quality (low compression)
- Dimensions: 14″/35cm (at 300 dpi) or 4100px in the longest dimension (regardless of whether it is a portrait or landscape image)
Name each jpg file according to the following template: Category_Participant Name_Title_Location.jpg
Example: PA_JohnDoe_Mother and Child_India.jpg
PP = Portrait Photographer of the Year 2017-2018
SP = Street Photographer of the Year 2017-2018
ENV = Environmental Photographer of the Year 2017-2018
AA = Architecture / Landscape Photographer of the Year 2017-2018
WL = Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2017-2018
YP = Youth Photographer of the Year 2017-2018
1. Read the contest rules carefully
2. Submit the online entry form (scroll down)
3. Pay your entry fee via the secure PayPal website*
4. Receive a confirmation email with:
a. your submission details
b. payment link to the secure PayPal website**
5. Submit your photos according to the image specifications and submission guidelines.
* PayPal offers a secure payment gateway and accepts all common credit cards. No registration is required.
** Only applicable if you are not doing the payment directly after submitting the entry form.
Please note: For environmental reasons, the preferred method of entry is electronically. However, if this method is not possible due to slow/limited internet connection, you can physically submit your images on CD to:
Images of Asia 2017-2018
Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd
20 Bedok South Road