Secure Your Seat for the Masterclass Workshop and Photowalk & Learn From Your Photographer Mentors Now! Hurry, Limited Seats Available Only.
Our Sponsors and Partners
In partnership with Monogram Asia, Asian Geographic Images of Asia 2018, comes with a brand new concept, a new category ‘Mobile’ that specifically curated for both professional photographers and the aspirers! Supported by DesignSingapore Council, Images of Asia 2018 will be venue hosted at National Design Centre and technologically supported by the official tech partner, PIXERF.
Every year, over 9,000 entries from over 100 countries for a single competition year, the Images of Asia Photography Competition has been enjoyed by readers of ASIAN Geographic magazine for the past 14 years. In the past, guests have included legendary photographers Michael Yamashita, Michael Freeman and Steve McCurry. Photography legends and enthusiasts have gathered to celebrate the vitality and diversity of Asia in pictures. One of the highlights of the competition is the much-anticipated ‘live’ judging panel consisting of key industry leaders and photography professionals.
Stay tuned here for more updates. Meanwhile, grasp this opportunity to meet and learn from your visual heroes. Submit your entries now!
(1) STREET / PEOPLE
Cash USD1,000 + trip to Wakayama prefecture + EPSON SureColor SC-P607 Photo Printer
This category takes in portraits of people in Asia, reflecting one of the region’s greatest offerings: the diversity of its cultures.
Cash USD1,000 + trip to Wakayama prefecture+ EPSON SureColor SC-P807 Photo Printer
This category celebrates the unique wildlife of Asia, on land and underwater. From minuscule insect species to rare large mammals, we want to see the best of the region’s fauna
Cash USD1,000 + trip to Wakayama prefecture + EPSON SureColor SC-P807 Photo Printer
From the most iconic man-made structural designs to nature’s vistas, this category welcomes the best of Asia’s landscapes and cityscapes
(4) [NEW] MOBILE
Trip to Wakayama prefecture + EPSON SureColor SC-P607 Photo Printer
This year, we are particularly interested in receiving works from mobile photography – images that capture fleeting moments of people going about their daily lives.
Trip to Wakayama prefecture + EPSON L6170 Wi-Fi Duplex All-in-One Ink Tank Printer with ADDF
No matter where you’re from in the world, you are eligible to enter in this category if:
• You are below 21 on the date of submission (proof of age is mandatory with submissions)
• Photos are of Asia (see UN Geoscheme of Asia region)
Submission for 2018 is now Closed!
Submissions close on November 18, 2018 at 00:00 (GMT+8)
- Subscribers to our printed version of ASIAN Geographic may submit up to five photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- E-Magazine subscribers may submit up to three photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- Non-subscribers will be charged a submission fee of US$10 per photo. If a non-subscriber submits three photos (US$30) and more, they will automatically receive a one year e-Magazine subscription free of charge (worth US$16.99).
- Colour Mode: RGB
- File Format: JPG (we do not process RAW files)
- JPG Compression: High Quality (low compression)
- Dimensions: 14″/35cm (at 300 dpi) or 4100px in the longest dimension (regardless of whether it is a portrait or landscape image)
Name each jpg file according to the following template: Category_Participant Name_Title_Location.jpg
Example: PA_JohnDoe_Mother and Child_India.jpg
SP = Street/People Photographer of the Year 2018
WL = Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2018
AL = Landscape Photographer of the Year 2018
[NEW] MP = Mobile Photographer of the Year 2018
YP = Youth Photographer of the Year 2018
1. Read the contest rules carefully
2. Submit the online entry form (scroll down)
3. Pay your entry fee via the secure PayPal website*
4. Receive a confirmation email with:
> your submission details
> payment link to the secure PayPal website**
5. Submit your photos according to the image specifications and submission guidelines through the official tech partner channel – PIXERF.